5 Facts That Prove The Authenticity of Food at STEAM – Indian Restaurant
What comes to your mind when you think about eating Indian food? Spices, right? Although Indian food does make use of multiple spices to enliven the dish, the taste of fresh ingredients and mouth watering gravies happen to be the mainstay of this particular cuisine.
5 Facts That Prove The Authenticity of Food at STEAM –Indian Restaurant
What comes to your mind when you think about eating Indian food? Spices, right? Although Indian food does make use of multiple spices to enliven the dish, the taste of fresh ingredients and mouth watering gravies happen to be the mainstay of this particular cuisine. Sure, there are numerous variations found around the globe with many eateries making do with an insipid curry powder for cooking just about everything and then highlighting the unappetizing fare as genuine Indian food.
However, you will not lack real food from India when you visit Rotorua though. STEAM Restaurant is well known for its authentic Indian dishes that will come to your plate without the touch of animal flesh. Indians who have not allowed their lips to taste anything besides pure vegetarian food cooked to perfection in the traditional style prevalent in India are relieved to discover STEAM where they can hope to get the real, classic dishes that represents home food.
What makes the food from STEAM totally authentic though? After all, the eatery happens to be located in a lesser known part of NZ that is thousands of miles away from the Indian subcontinent. Do not let the doubts fester within your mind, however.You are welcome to walk into the spacious restaurant and order the dishes that make your heart dance with glee.
How authentic is STEAM’s food?
- This eatery in NZ lets its guests know that Indian food has evolved slowly imbibing the inspirations from all parts of the world and making it their own. That is why you are sure to get a platter full of fresh dishes coming out of the hot, clay oven known as the tandoor. Try the Nawabi Kumbh or Paneer Tikka and revel in the touch of Central & Western Asia the birthplace of this oven.
- You will be amazed to find a dazzling array of spices in the Veg Kadai where fresh veggies meet the grounded spices to form delectable, mouth watering gravy that you might find hard to put down. Surprisingly, none of the spices shout out for attention. Instead, they blend together to form a uniformity that enhances the flavor most beautifully.
- The management of STEAM makes sure to prepare each and every dish from scratch by sourcing fresh vegetables and cottage cheese along with the spices. The preparation is done painstakingly too with the spices ground freshly and the other ingredient cut perfectly as per the textural need of the dish.
- Do not forget to check the spices for their nutritional value and you would be gratified to know that each and every masala (spice) including turmeric, coriander, cumin, ginger, onions, and chillies are chock a block with medicinal properties and can keep infections at bay.
- You might also want to look into the group menu while at STEAM. Astonishingly all the meals beginning from breakfast to lunch and dinner caters to the Indian heart with the carbs, proteins and fat being contained in the main dishes comprising the meal. In short, you have no worries about having to eat a balanced diet; STEAM does it for you.